Our guest for today is a successful sales executive for 10 years, serving an enterprise technology clientele. He is a great connector of people and offers a lot of insights on both active and passive investing. John Blanton, the host of the Contrarian Cashflow Podcast, aims to help others perform due diligence on real estate and business opportunities to ensure top-performing risk-adjusted returns. That’s also what this episode is about.
Let’s dive right in and learn from John how we can leverage risk-adjusted returns!
[00:01 – 06:06] Opening Segment
- We introduce our guest, John Blanton
- John talks about his background
- What’s his worst investing advice?
[06:07 – 16:37] Risk-Adjusted Returns
- What people should understand about risk tolerance
- We talk about the 1% Rule in multifamily
- John’s unintentional jump to multifamily
- What’s the ideal after repair value of an asset?
[16:38 – 25:45] Delaware Statutory Trusts
- John shares his real estate strategy
- He talks about Delaware Statutory Trusts
- How many mistakes will a new investor commit?
- He shares how he deals with challenges
[25:46 – 35:07] Active vs. Passive
- John’s drive and motivation to close deals
- Aligning deals with personal goals
- Should you be an active or passive investor?
- A few factors to consider
[35:08 – 39:19] Being Active in Passive Investing
- Why you can’t be fully passive in real estate
- What’s this tax-free asset you should have?
[39:20 – 44:01] Closing Segment
- John’s book recommendations:
- Connect with John! See the links below.
- Final thoughts
“I think that’s the challenge with newer investors in general. You do have to make a lot of mistakes.” – John Blanton
“I think a lot of people have a lot more time at their disposal than they realize and they’re willing to admit.” – John Blanton
LEAVE A REVIEW if you liked this episode!!
To learn more, visit us at: https://invictusmultifamily.com/
**Want to learn more about investing with us?**
We’d love to learn more about you and your investment goals. Please fill out this form and let’s schedule a call: https://invictusmultifamily.com/contact/
**Let’s Connect On Social Media!**