Today’s guest is a former Division I soccer player who has been in the real estate business since 2016, Chris Grenzig.
Chris Grenzig found himself in the business after several failed attempts to flip houses in Long Island, New York.
These attempts taught him the risks and rewards of investing in real estate and led him to investing passively in an eight-unit property then joint-venturing on another 100 units worth over 4.5 million dollars.
He is now Asset Manager at Toro Real Estate Partners.
Let’s all welcome, Chris Grenzig, and together, dive into his story and find out how this former athlete learned about risk taking in the business.
[00:01 – 09:05] Opening Segment
- We introduce our guest, Chris Grenzig
- Chris talks about our bad investing tip of the week you’d want to check out!
- Chris shares his reasons for investing out of state
[09:06 – 23:04] Risk Taking
- Chris tells us why it is possible for companies to be successful even if they invest in only a few states
- Chris talks about the risks in real estate investing that you don’t want to miss!
- We talk about why risk is subjective and hard to quantify
[23:05 – 35:50] Preferred Equity
- We talk about the questions about preferred equity you should ask your operator
- Chris walks us through the start of his real estate journey
- He shares very valuable lessons he learned from his failed attempts to flip houses
[35:51 – 42:10] Goal Alignment
- Chris talks about the upsides and downsides of syndication models
- He tells us the importance of aligning your goals with your operator
[42:11 – 49:31] Closing Segment
- Book recommendations from Chris
- Final words
- Connect with Chris online! See his links below.
“There’s riches and niches for a reason.” – Chris Grenzig
“Just pick one [path] and go with it and then you’ll figure it out over time.” – Chris Grenzig
LEAVE A REVIEW if you liked this episode!!
To learn more, visit us at: https://www.invictusmultifamily.com
**Want to learn more about investing with us?**
We’d love to learn more about you and your investment goals. Please fill out this form and let’s schedule a call: https://www.invictusmultifamily.com contact/
**Let’s Connect On Social Media!**